25 Things To Do Before You Turn 25
1. Make peace with your parents. Whether you finally recognize that they actually have your best interests in mind or you forgive them for being flawed human beings, you can’t happily enter adulthood with that familial brand of resentment.
2. Kiss someone you think is out of your league; kiss models and med students and entrepreneurs with part-time lives in Dubai and don’t worry about if they’re going to call you afterward.
3. Minimize your passivity.
4. Work a service job to gain some understanding of how tipping works, how to keep your cool around assholes, how a few kind words can change someone’s day.
5. Recognize freedom as a 5:30 a.m. trip to the diner with a bunch of strangers you’ve just met.
6. Try not to beat yourself up over having obtained a ‘useless’ Bachelor’s Degree. Debt is hell, and things didn’t pan out quite like you expected, but you did get to go to college, and having a degree isn’t the worst thing in the world to have. We will figure this mess out, I think, probably; the point is you’re not worth less just because there hasn’t been an immediate pay off for going to school. Be patient, work with what you have, and remember that a lot of us are in this together.
7. If you’re employed in any capacity, open a savings account. You never know when you might be unemployed or in desperate need of getting away for a few days. Even $10 a week is $520 more a year than you would’ve had otherwise.
8. Make a habit of going outside, enjoying the light, relearning your friends, forgetting the internet.
9. Go on a 4-day, brunch-fueled bender.
10. Start a relationship with your crush by telling them that you want them. Directly. Like, look them in the face and say it to them. Say, I want you. I want to be with you.
11. Learn to say ‘no’ — to yourself. Don’t keep wearing high heels if you hate them; don’t keep smoking if you’re disgusted by the way you smell the morning after; stop wasting entire days on your couch if you’re going to complain about missing the sun.
12. Take time to revisit the places that made you who you are: the apartment you grew up in, your middle school, your hometown. These places may or may not be here forever; you definitely won’t be.
13. Find a hobby that makes being alone feel lovely and empowering and like something to look forward to.
14. Think you know yourself until you meet someone better than you.
15. Forget who you are, what your priorities are, and how a person should be.
16. Identify your fears and instead of letting them dictate your every move, find and talk to people who have overcome them. Don’t settle for experiencing .000002% of what the world has to offer because you’re afraid of getting on a plane.
17. Make a habit of cleaning up and letting go. Just because it fit at one point doesn’t mean you need to keep it forever — whether ‘it’ is your favorite pair of pants or your ex.
18. Stop hating yourself.
19. Go out and watch that movie, read that book, listen to that band you already lied about watching, reading, listening to.
20. Take advantage of health insurance while you have it.
21. Make a habit of telling people how you feel, whether it means writing a gushing fan-girl email to someone whose work you love or telling your boss why you deserve a raise.
22. Date someone who says, “I love you” first.
23. Leave the country under the premise of “finding yourself.” This will be unsuccessful. Places do not change people. Instead, do a lot of solo drinking, read a lot of books, have sex in dirty hostels, and come home when you start to miss it.
24. Suck it up and buy a Macbook Pro.
25. Quit that job that’s making you miserable, end the relationship that makes you act like a lunatic, lose the friend whose sole purpose in life is making you feel like you’re perpetually on the verge of vomiting. You’re young, you’re resilient, there are other jobs and relationships and friends if you’re patient and open.
Never not reblog.
This should not have the amount of notes that it has.
I always see on my dash how there aren’t enough pictures of larger ladies working out, so I asked Lovie to snap a few pics during our workout. Sadly, I missed more of the hardcore activities before I thought to ask for pics, but you are left with these lovely jewels for some Fat-Girl-Fitspo <3
I’m 265lbs. I look like sh*t at the gym. I know I am ‘fat as hell’ and not very ‘hardcore’ in some b*tch a** anon’s opinion, but clearly: IDGAF. I run hard. I do CrossFit. I do MetCon. I Olympic Lift. I IGNORE everyone who tells me I can’t or that I shouldn’t because of my size: F*CK THAT. You can do anything you set your mind to with proper practice/training, which doesn’t mean you need a trainer. All you need is a capability to read, to watch, or to follow after others. Teach yourself. Be your own GD role model and ROCK THAT SH*T. If I can do it, you can do it and I will be here to help and inspire and answer anything you wanna ask, so long as I am Tumblin’. Well…unless you’re a rude anon b*tch, then you can enjoy failing at making me feel bad, because idgaf <3
I don’t care what size someone is, if you’re kicking ass at the gym you’re kicking ass at the gym.
Your wonderful Mitt Romney:
- laid off thousands of workers as head of the investment company Bain Capital.
- set up shell companies in the Cayman Islands and Bermuda to avoid U.S. taxes.
- calls Obama’s payroll tax cut that would save middle class/lower income families $1,500 a year “temporary little band aids.”
- plan for a “middle class tax cut” would provide zero benefits to 73.9 percent of the middle class.
- called for taxes on the poor, saying low-income Americans having no income tax liability is “a problem” that will “kill the country.”
- would repeal the Dodd-Frank bill, which regulates the risky practices that led to the 2008 crisis.
- said he wants to “get the federal government out of education”
- As governor, vetoed a minimum wage increase to $8 an hour.
- said he “cannot see that a Cabinet position would be justified” for an American Muslim.
- opposes troop withdrawal from Iraq.
- said that catching bin Laden would be “insignificant” and it’s “not worth moving heaven and earth.”
- supports drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
- supports penalties for doctors who perform an abortion.
- would “absolutely” support a state constitutional amendment to define life as beginning at conception, which would restrict women’s right to an abortion.
- pledged to expand a Bush-Era policy of permitting doctors to deny women access to contraceptives.
- drafted a bill to exempt a religious group from nondiscrimination rules, allowing it to ban gay couples from adopting children.
- refused to condemn the booing of a gay soldier at a GOP debate.
- blamed pornography for the Virginia Tech shooting. (WTF?)
- first act as president would be to allow all states to opt out of health reform through executive action, which would be illegal.
- feels Americans’ pain because he’s “also unemployed.” Romney was worth $250 million in 2008.
- won’t release his tax returns.
- “loves” george bush
- thinks windows in airplanes should open
- believes that rapists should have parental rights over children resulting from the rape they committed.
So no, YOU do your research. If that last three, especially, don’t make you think Romney is a complete idiot, then you’re on some other shit.
THIS IS THE CUTEST THING I’VE EVER SEEN
Awwwwwwww skdjskdas so lovely!!!! <3
text in flyer:
This is Stevie Bates. 19 yrs old, blonde shoulder length dreads, 120 lbs, 5’6 tall. she has a nose piercing and a belly piercing. Last seen arriving at Port Authority in NYC on 4/28 at 8:51 am, wearing a 3/4 length jacket, skinny pants, flat sneakers and a long purse. Areas to search: Davenport stop on the NJ Light Rail in Newark, Grand Central Station, Port Authority & Union Sq. in Manhattan, BK near E 26th st and Cortelyou, and QNS near Queens Blvd and 45th st. If anyone has seen her, heard from her, or has any info on her whereabouts please call (646)-345-3410 ASAP - even better: take a photo and text it to the same number. WE ARE NOW OFFERING A $1,500 REWARD for information leading to her safe return. Please visit findsteviebates.com and make a donation - proceeds go towards hiring a private investigator. THANK YOU.